PRE-KINDERGARTEN (4 – 5 YEARS)
GETTING READY FOR SCHOOL
The Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Curriculum at Quality Time Learning Center is specifically designed to meet the child care and learning needs of children aged four and five.
This challenging, fun and age-appropriate program engages the child, helping to hone thinking, reasoning and communicating.
- Phonics Practice Book
- Trophies Practice Book Collection
- Harcourt Math Textbook
- Harcourt Math Practice Book
- Manipulative and Workmates
- Horizons (All about Me) Activity Book
- Science Activity Book
See into Math in Action
See why students are more willing to take risks in their mathematical thinking using the routines in into Math.
ENSURING YOUR CHILD’S SEAMLESS TRANSITION TO KINDERGARTEN
The Pre-K classroom at Quality Time is designed to help your child make significant developmental gains, including communicating successfully and working well both independently and in groups. Our highly trained teachers will use designated Learning Centers to prepare your child for Kindergarten and life beyond.
QUALITY TIME LEARNING CENTER (LEARNING CENTERS)
- Construction & Design
- Dramatic Play
- Creativity & Art
- Reading & Listening
- Math & Manipulative
- Science & Sensorial
YOUR CHILD’S DAY
The year-round Pre-K Houghton Mifflin Harcourt curriculum includes themed units that incorporate the best practices of early childhood education experts and promote school-readiness. The typical daily structure for your child might include;
- Mornings and Afternoon Floor Time where the day’s themed activities are introduced and reviewed.
- Activities in the Learning Centers to bring the day’s educational theme to life.
- Back to Basics Math, Language or Literacy Skills focus to build their knowledge and prepare them for Kindergarten.
- Story Time which allows your child to read a story with the class or act out a character.
- Song and Poem Time to strengthen early literacy skills.
- Music and Movement to expand your child’s vocabulary and listening skills.
- Outdoor Play at least twice daily to participate in group play, burn off energy and develop motor skills.