Learning Through Exploration
Walking changes everything! Your toddler wants to go everywhere and do everything. At Quality Time Learning Center, our highly trained teachers take great care to create a well-charted toddler area geared for exploration, excitement, and exercise. Our hands-on child care programs cover as much ground as possible to help shape your toddler’s brain, personality, behavior, and health.
Developing Your Toddler’s Interests through Activities
We know children learn best by having a variety of choices in a safe and organized environment. That’s why the toddler classroom is designed around activity-based Learning Centers to encourage:
- Active & Gross Motor Play: Rocking and riding toys and large climbing structures.
- Fine Motor Play: Action/reaction toys, puzzles, stacking toys and nesting toys.
- Imagination & Quiet Play Items: To stimulate imagination, such as dolls and accessories, kitchens set and play food.
- Language Development, Music & Movement: CD players, children’s books, musical instruments and puppets.
- Creative Arts & Exploration: Art materials, sand and water table, and sensory materials.
Your Toddler’s Day
The toddler program at Quality Time focuses on our philosophy and is designed around shared learning experiences that stimulate and challenge your child daily. The structure of a typical day in the life of your toddler might include:
- Group activities like singing songs or exploring books.
- Teacher-initiated activities like music or art.
- Child-directed activities in our Learning Centers.
- A snuggly story time.
- Lunch and nap-time to nourish and rest your child’s growing mind and body.
- Outdoor play at least twice daily to burn off energy and develop motor skills.